Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group
The 2017 Legislature authorized the Minnesota Board on Aging to re-establish an Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group (ADWG) to review and revise the 2011 report, “Preparing Minnesota for Alzheimer’s: the Budgetary, Social and Personal Impacts.”
To read the previous 2011 report, click click here.
Working Group Legislative Report
On January 14, 2019 the Minnesota Board on Aging submitted the Alzheimer’s disease working group’s legislative report to the Governor, chairs, and ranking minority members for the health and human services finance and policy committees as required by its legislation.
To read the MBA’s chairman’s letter to them, click here
To read the Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group’s legislative report, click here
To request a hard copy of the legislative report, click here
, to send an email. Please provide your contact information so it may be mailed to you.
Working Group Members
- Person with Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis, Darrell Foss, Chairperson
- Caregiver of person with Alzheimer's, Eric Linn
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Jean Nelson
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with Care Providers of MN, Daniel Pakonen
- Home care or adult day services representative affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Peggy Gaard
- Neuropsychologist, Terry Barclay
- Alzheimer's Disease Researcher, Joseph E. Gaugler
- Community-Based Organization, Amanda Mithun
- Community-Based Organization, Dorothea Harris
- Geriatrician, Michael Rosenbloom
- Geriatrician, Edward Ratner
- MDH Commissioner Designee, Mary Manning
- DHS Commissioner Designee, Gretchen Ulbee
- Representative of the Alzheimer's Association, Heidi Haley-Franklin
- State Ombudsperson for Long-Term Care, Cheryl Hennen
- MBA Member, Sherrie Pugh
- MBA Executive Director, Kari Benson
January 8, 2018
April 24, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Maple Grove Community Center, 12951 Weaver Lake Road, Maple Grove, MN 55369
June 28, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Best Western Kelly Inn, 100 4th Avenue South, St. Cloud, MN 56301
August 14, 2018